It is an annual residency program that unearths, selects, develops, and exhibits world- class ceramic artists in an open, fair and impartial manner, and establish for both Western and Chinese artists (not limited to ceramic artists) a platform based on the reality of their respective cultures.
Through the medium of ceramics the program seeks to build upon participants’ strengths, creating works of both creativity and innovation.
It seeks also to raise the international profile of Dehua White Porcelain, an art form with a long and distinguished history, while also leading innovation in the field of ceramics and realize the transition of Dehua White Porcelain from traditional ceramic form to modern one.
The outstanding artworks created by the artists in residence will have the opportunity to be exhibited in international museums abroad, and seminars with related theme of each year’s program will be held after the residency.
Special thanks to:
Dehua, Quanzhou, Fujian Province, China
Quanzhou, Fujian Province, China
This program starts in March 2017, and will be held once per year afterwards.
- Organizing Committee Recommend members to join
- Primary Nominating Committee Recommend qualified artists
- Jury Committee Select final 12 artists in residence
Composition of Primary Nominating Committee
- International art academy presidents and professors
- prominent museum directors
- International ceramic artists, designers, art critics, modern artists, and collectors
- The primary nominating committee will be recommended by the organizing committee every year and in line with the coordination and approval of each country’s embassy. The composition of the primary nominating committee will be adjusted as appropriate for each iteration of the program as the theme of the program changes.
Composition of Jury Committee
Members of the jury committee of 2017 “Blanc de Chine” International Ceramic Art Award Artist Residency:
Director, Musée Rodin
Head, Tsinghua Academy of Art & Design Ceramics Department
Christie’s Senior Vice-Chairwoman, International Director for Chinese Ceramics and Art
Modern Chinese Ceramist
Executive Director, Cité de la céramique Sèvres
Founder of YISHU8, Writer, Philosopher
Dean of the sculpture faculty, the Central Academy of Fine Arts